I was recently faced with a confronting situation – something that I have never had to deal with before. To tell you the truth, this has been weeks in the making. I can only liken it to a simmering pot of water which finally hit boiling point and boy, did it overflow last weekend.
So as a side note, and at the risk of tooting my own horn, let me take the time to say that I have never had any trouble with the family or friends of those who I am dating, nor of those of my friends and acquaintances.
That is, until now!
I am respectful, loving and kind to everyone that I meet and I spent hours wracking my brain, trying to find possibilities as to why such negative energy was being emitted by a particular person, especially within my presence. It totally didn’t help when empath mode kicked in – I felt absolutely every low vibrational frequency being emitted by this person, causing me to feel further discomfort.
Without getting into specifics, recently a person came into my life who I care about deeply. I know they share the same sentiments towards me, but let’s just say someone in their life, does not. I have been assured that this is not a result of something I have said or done (in fact, I don’t say or do much in front of this person out of sheer intimidation), rather, this person wants to be left alone within their own space. Socializing isn’t their thing, and me being in the picture impedes on this, and they sure do make it known (in a passive aggressive kind of way) – even if it comes across as rude and unwarranted by the guest (me). It has also come to my attention that this person has lost many friends in the past, due to their mentality and actions.
Fair enough, each to their own, but I shouldn’t be made to feel uncomfortable within a situation, not to mention, their actions could have easily driven a wedge between me and the person I care about. Behaviour such as this is selfish and immature – something I am completely beyond considering I left high school 6 years ago. I should disclose that there’s a lot more going on here with this person that I would rather not discuss publicly for the sake of everyone involved. For the first time ever, I have come to realise that it is indeed possible for people to never be happy, especially if they’re not open to helping themselves.
I know I’m usually all ‘love and light’ but hey, I’m only human – and if a post fueled by a little bit of anger is necessary to blow off some steam, then that’s what I’m gonna do. For excuses sake (not that I need any) – let’s blame my #Zoloftwithdrawals for this post. Although having said this, prior to me jumping on the medication I was nicknamed ‘Chihuahua’ for my small but feisty nature … Oh yeah, I’m starting to remember what Chihuahua mode feels like… it’s good to be back, kids!🙂
I have learnt a thing or two since then, so I’m going to put a positive spin on this with the help of some tips from Kismet Awaits – Intuitive Readings (Facebook). I came across these tips a while back and saved them for a rainy day. Get your umbrella homies because that day has come! Here’s all you need to know about protecting yourself from Energy Vampires, so instead of sucking the life out of you, you can tell them to go suck a 🙊😮 …. Let’s leave that one open to interpretation, shall we? 😉
- You feel exhausted, tired, weak or sick – even after a phone conversation.
- You’re unfocused or depressed and a headache has developed.
- You lack motivation.
- You notice a slimy or uncomfortable feeling when you are in their presence.
- You feel fearful, intimidated, unworthy or unhappy.
- Your chest tightens when you meet them.
Tips to protect yourself from an EV
Awareness is vital, if you notice the above signs, try the following:
- Take a deep breath, center yourself and stand your ground. Do not allow them to bring you down to their level.
- Set boundaries, say no – you have the choice to walk away and not deal with them.
- Do not react, stay neutral. They will get bored and go feed off someone else.
- Cut cords of attachment. If you think someone is draining you, imagine there’s a chord attaching them to you, and visualize cutting through that chord with an imaginary axe.
- Use light. If you have left a particularly uncomfortable situation, imagine you are standing under a shower of silver light to cleanse and wash away any feelings of discomfort. You can also shield yourself with white light for protection. Imagine yourself surrounded by white light, and set the intention that your energy stays with you. Kismet Awaits also suggests using pink light – so they can’t steal your energy but so love can also be sent back to them – chances are, they’ll need all the love they can get!
- Ask Archangel Michael for help (or any other spirit that you feel protected by) – you can do this in your mind. Archangel Michael particularly is great for clearing negative energy and shielding you from energy attacks. He will shield you with beautiful blue light.
- Wear a crystal to act as a buffer in harsh energy situations. Want a list of crystals for protection? Click here
- Consider what you need to learn from the situation.
- Surround yourself with happy, positive people – and continue being happy and positive yourself (most of the time, anyway!).
So there you have it, some insightful energy protection tips that I will definitely be utilizing in the future.
Let’s hope these encounters are few and far between …
… I was never a big fan of Twilight anyway.
Peace out – ✌🏼️